We anticipate making the free version of the software available sometime in the next week. All that we ask is that you let us know if you find any issues with the templates or the program itself. We are releasing version 2 community edition and will continue to release the software 1 version behind our production software. The production software has additional functionality such as:
- Lockdown - The ability to apply a template to a system
- Reports - Ability to run scheduled reports
- Auditing Documentation - Ability to deviate from a lockdown policy and documentation for auditors - A requirement if you do not meet the audit policies
- History Tracking - Prompts for information when an item changes - Like after a patch may change a setting
- Unlimited Use - The community edition will only audit the local machine. The community edition when run as an Administrator can audit remote systems
- Linux Support - Not available in the community edition
The community edition does not require any authentication or Internet access to run. The software may also be run from a thumb drive.
Users can email templates they wish to share to email@example.com for inclusion in the commercial product. If your template is included in a future release we will give you a licensed copy of the software for your personal or professional use.